Victor Khanin
OF AWAY Could your help me? What does this sentence mean? As far as I can make it out, the club decided to reduce the number of tickets, that it produces for its supporters. But I really can't understand "of away teams"! The club decided to cut down on the number of tickets issued to supporters of away teams.
1
0
At most matches, there are two teams: the 'home team' (playing at their home ground) who play against the 'away team' (the team who have travelled - away from home- to play at their opponents' ground). The fans who travel along with the 'away team' are the 'supporters of the away team'. The club did not decide to reduce the number of tickets for their own supporters - they decided to reduce the tickets for the supporters of the teams who come to their stadium to play AGAINST their team. I hope that's clearer now.
Victor Khanin