秉奇
If you give me *some schedule* of the event, I would really appreciate it. "If you give me some schedule of the event, I would really appreciate it." Is the use of "some schedule of"? correct? Isn't the word "schedule" a countable noun? Is it correct to just leave it there without adding an s after it? Thanks!
4
0
The answer to your question depends on what the sentence is intended to communicate - because there are two forms of 'some' in English. These are called 'weak' and 'strong' forms. You shouldn't use the weak form with singular countable nouns, but you can use the strong form with singular countable nouns. It sounds to me like the person is complaining, in which case the strong form of 'some' is very likely to be used. Did you create this sentence or did you read/hear it somewhere? For more information see https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/quantifiers/some
"Some" here means some sort of, a kind of, an example of, an approximation of . Please give me some sign that you are organised. Please give me some sort of schedule of the event. . As Stephanie says,. it is simpler with "a schedule", but "some" has a feeling of "at least an approximation of a".
I think it sounds more natural to use "a schedule" in this context, since you're talking about a specific schedule for the specific event. I would also add "If you can give me a schedule of the event".
秉奇
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish