Nadezhda
Drug and medicine. What's the diffirent?! *diffirence. Sorry, for the typo Hello everybody! Can you help me, please? I know that MEDICINE - any drug or remedy for use in treating, preventing, or alleviating the symptoms of disease. While DRUG - any synthetic or natural chemical substance used in the treatment, prevention, or diagnosis of disease. I need to translate one chapter from English into Rusian. And the problem that for both words we have 1 meaning....I'm really confused! what about the meaning of this phrase: a few examples of early documented drugs and medicines"& Thanks in advance!
Drug - specific Medicine - in general
All medicines are drugs, but not all drugs are medicines. If the substance can cure a disease then it's a medicine, but if it only causes a specific biological effect, like the cocaine, then it's a drug. So, it really depends on which substance you're talking about.