Şervan Kurdî
The Internal Affairs ferrets are going to be crawling up my butt tomorrow! Overwhelmed. “My wife just left me, my checks are bouncing, I’m drinking again, the Internal Affairs ferrets are going to be crawling up my butt tomorrow - I just can’t take all this.” Would you please explain this sentence? "The Internal Affairs ferrets are going to be crawling up my butt tomorrow!"
2
1
"Internal affairs" varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but based on US TV series, the name seems to refer to a branch of the judiciary that is concerned with quality control in police forces. In other words, if you are a police officer, and you are accused of corruption, or you make a mistake, internal affairs are the people that investigate the complaint. "ferret" is an inquisitive animal that can find its way into small holes. Here is is a demeaning way to refer to an investigator. "crawling up my butt" means that the investigators are going to be investigating the person thoroughly - looking into their very personal details, and being annoying to them.
Şervan Kurdî
English, Korean, Kurdish, Persian (Farsi)
Korean