알렉산드라
How do I know when to use infinitive 다 form when speaking very casually to someone? So in a TTMIK book called Real Life Conversations: Intermediate two close friends said to each other over the phone: A: 아, 그렇구나. 그래야겠다. 조만간 다 같이 한번 보자. Oh, I see. I should. Let’s meet up all together one of these days. B: 그래. 한번 뭉치자. 본 지 진짜 오래 됐다. Sure. Let’s get together. It’s been a really long time since we last met. Particularly in the last sentence of what person B said they used the infinitive 다 form of the verb 되다. Does it make any difference in meaning when keeping it in this form? Does it show that you’re saying it to yourself? How do I know when I can use this form in casual conversation? And does saying a causal sentence like this in the infinitive form add any underlying nuance to the sentence?
1
0
다 ending in 오래 됐다 is not infinitive ending. 다 ending after a tense containing verb is 해라체(Haera-che) ending suffix. e.g. 되다 : intinitive form 된다 : present tense Haera-che 되었다/됐다 : past tense Haera-che It is used: To close friends or relatives of similar age, and by adults to children. In impersonal writing (books, newspapers, and magazines) and indirect quotations ("She said that..."). In grammar books, to give examples. In some exclamations. Refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_speech_levels
알렉산드라
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Korean