Plantiska
What does this sentence mean? Context: Although there was to be a return to the Protestant 1552 Book of Common Prayer she forced through some concessions against the wishes of Cecil and his former Edwardian friends. These included distinctive vestments for priests at Communion and sentences on the administration of the bread and wine that could be taken as implying Christ was present, at least in some spiritual sense, in the elements. Tips: Here is the excerpt from 'Tudor: the Story of England's Most Notorious Royal Family' by Leanda de Lisle. And here 'she' refers to Queen Elizabeth. And I'm totally confused by the second sentence. What does the part 'sentences on the administration of the bread and wine that could be taken as implying Christ was present, at least in some spiritual sense, in the elements' mean? More specifically, what does 'sentences', 'administration', 'in the elements' mean? Could you please paraphrase this sentence for me please?
1
0
My understanding is that 'sentences' here refers to the decrees regarding to the meaning of wine and bread in the process of Communion. Is it correct?
Plantiska