Toyger
Does this sound natural? "Me and her are just boss and subordinate. We're not together. There's nothing between us." Thank you.
2
0
I'd make just one change and replace 'Me and her' with "She and I". 'Me and her' isn't very 'good' English and gives the impression you aren't well educated or you're a bit rough or unrefined. In Australia we would say you sound a little like a 'bogan' which is negative. But with that small change it sounds perfect to me.
Hi Tiger, As an American English speaker, I agree with Greg about the form of your subject in this sentence. “She and I” is grammatical, and sounds better in this context (sometimes the ‘correct’ form doesn’t sound natural). When the topic is a relationship between a boss and their employee, it shouldn’t and wouldn’t be discussed as if the speaker is a 13-year-old asking to go to the mall.
Toyger
English, Fur