Saffy
Memorabilia When you say "memorabilia," does it almost always mean memorable things that are related to someone who is famous or some famous events? Is it awkward to say "memorabilia" to refer to my personal things? Let's say when I sorted out my drawer, I found some memorabilia. I mean I found some memorable things / I found some stuff that reminded me of the days when I was child. I'd be happy if you could answer my question. Also, if there are some mistakes in my English sentences, could you tell me correct sentences?
2
0
I think you are correct that “memorabilia” often refers to things related to famous persons or events, but it is sometimes used for personal things. Examples: “He kept memorabilia from the war in a chest in the attic.” This sentence could refer to his old Army uniform or souvenirs from a war. But, a better word for personal things might be “mementos.”
Saffy
English, French, Japanese