Khaled Bassam
Anyone can correct this sentence ? Green areas make me feel hope
8
0
Hi Khaled, “Can anyone correct this sentence?” English switches the order of modal verbs and the subject in questions, remember. Now, in the American English I know, if we are talking about the general idea of parks and areas with grass and things within cities, we would say “green space” as a mass noun. Green space gives me hope. If you sort of mean that green space is good for your mental health and makes you feel better, maybe say that. But it depends whether you mean that or something else.
I would say it's more ear pleasing, "Green areas make me feel hopeful [about the future]." I think of hope as a verb; hopeful is the adjective.
Correct? Add a full stop and it is not incorrect. It is understandable. It is the sort of thing that people say. The comments below tell you things that are more common, more frmally correct in using the right word for things, but people often do not speak that way.
You could also say: "Green areas give me hope".
Thanks, guys .Tyler and Merlyn
Khaled Bassam
Arabic, English