Nathi
Present Perfect (question) Hello everyone! I'm studying English grammar by myself with the book "English grammar in use, Cambridge". I'm studying Present Perfect. So I have a doubt and I don't have anyone to help me: I see this question in the book: What's the most beautiful place you have ever visited? But if it's a question, wouldn't it be correct first "have" and then "you"? What's the most beautiful place have you ever visited? Lile: Have you visited London? Which is the correct? Or both is it correct? Thanks for the help. (PS: You can correct my English.)
The order is correct, it is a complex sentence. The first part is a question: What is the most beautiful place? The second part just make the question more clear, it should be structured as any positive sentence. You can also add "that" between those parts: What is the most beautiful place that you have ever visited?
English Grammar in Use 3rd edition and 4th edition. Unit 49. Questions 1. What is the ... Unit 50. Questions 2. What is the ... that you have ever ... (embedded questions use normal word order).
"What's the most beautiful place you have ever visited" - is correct. The other is not.
...
Yes