simba0722
Does this sentences make sense? 1. I didn’t think his leg seemed to hurt so much that he couldn’t come to the party. 2. I don’t feel bad so much that I can’t hung out tonight. 3. I'm not that much hungry that I can eat your leftovers. 4. I'm not that much hungry so I can't eat your leftovers.
10 de ago de 2019 1:22
4
0
For all of these, I would prefer a "so" "such" or "enough" structure. I don't think his leg is so badly hurt that he can't come to the party. I don't think he hurt his leg badly enough to prevent him from coming to the party. I don't feel so bad that I can't hang out tonight. I don't feel bad enough to stay home tonight. I'm not so hungry that I can eat your leftovers. I'm not hungry enough to eat your leftovers. I'm not very hungry, so I can't eat your leftovers. For the second and third sentence, the "enough" sentence sounds much better than the "so" sentence. Put "so much" after a verb, without an adjective. It's rare, but not impossible, to use "so much" with a negative. He hated that book so much that he burned it. I hate that book, but I don't hate it so much that I want to burn it. He ate so much that he felt sick. I ate a lot, but I didn't eat so much that I got sick.
10 de Agosto de 2019
1. I didn’t think his leg seemed to hurt so much that he couldn’t come to the party. It's correct, but too wordy so unnatural. I'd suggest something like: "I didn’t think his leg hurt that much that he couldn’t come to the party." 2. I don’t feel bad so much that I can’t hung out tonight. 'can't hung' is incorrect. Keeping close to what you wrote, I'd suggest: "I don’t feel bad so much that I can’t hang out tonight." A little better again is: "I don’t feel bad that much that I can’t hang out tonight." 3. I'm not that much hungry that I can eat your leftovers. It's unnatural to use 'much' here, so better to omit it. "I'm not that hungry that I can eat your leftovers." 4. I'm not that much hungry so I can't eat your leftovers. Same as (3). You need to leave out 'much' and write: "I'm not that hungry, so I can't eat your leftovers."
10 de Agosto de 2019
simba0722