Mehrdad
Is it strange to ask someone at 9:15 a.m. the following question? How has your morning been?
13
0
I don't think it would be strange at all. Some people start their mornings early, maybe at 6 or 7, and by 9:15 a few hours have passed.
Sounds natural to me. Depending on context, it could mean the morning at work, or the morning at home and then at work.
Might be best to say, "how is your morning going?" Morning to me, seems to last until noon or 12 pm.
A detailed analysis may be a waste of time. In American/Canadian culture (I can't comment on British culture), there are a number of empty "social greetings" that simply mean "I acknowledge you and to not acknowledge you would be an insult." "How are you?" (The expected response is "I'm fine and you?") "How are you doing?" "How is life treating you?" "How is life?" "How is work treating you?" "How is work?" "How is your day?" / "How has your day been?" / "How was your day?" "How is your morning? / "How has your morning been?" / "How was your morning?" A question about the THE day or morning could be a "social greeting" by a peer or an actual question by a manager or a peer arriving at work. "How has THE day/morning been (so far)?" (a social greeting or a real question depending on context)
Not really, but it also depends on the context. I don’t think anyone would consider that strange.
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish