Layana
Due to , via . 1. How do you use ( due to ) ? and could you give me some examples please ? 2. The same question with ( via ) , and what is the difference between (via) and (by ) also with examples please . Thank you in advance 💐💐
11
0
1. Due to bad weather the plane could not take off. 2. We traveled the country via the Amtrak trains. For these examples - Due to is the same as "because of" or "Since there was." "Via" is the same as "by way of" or "by means of." Via is just a shorter way of writing the sentence.
I flew from Seattle to Tokyo via Los Angeles. (Los Angeles was a stop on the way.) Did he get delayed due to the bridge traffic? No, he came via ferry. We traveled the country on Amtrak. We traveled the country on Amtrak trains. (via sounds a little unnatural here) Did you fly here? No, I came via Amtrak. No, I came on Amtrak.
Thanks you so much Merlyn 💐💐
'via' is a Latin loan word , 'by' is the English word. Using 'via' all time would sound strange.
Layana
Arabic, Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Modern Standard), English, Persian (Farsi), Spanish, Turkish
English, Persian (Farsi), Spanish, Turkish