Kai
English Grammar what does "do' mean in this context? does it mean "only"? "your hint does not sound like the same sentence you recorded, I do hear like understand maybe like half of it."
8
0
It is called "emphatic do." Here is more information: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/ask_about_english/071112/
It does sound like an emphatic do, but the grammar is wrong. "I do hear like understand" doesn't make sense, which is why I questioned Chris. It could be a non-native speaker, someone that speaks a dialect, or if it was spoken, they might have changed their mind half way through the sentence. Don't use that as a learning example.
强调作用 去掉do没影响
Thanks
It strengthens the meaning of the sentence and emphasizes the verb "hear". It's a colloquialisms
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian