Kai
English Grammar which one is better? or both are fine. A.) I watched some bad news that happened in the US, so I just want to know if you are doing fine. B.) I watched some bad news happened in the US, so I just want to know if you are doing fine.
7
0
A relative pronoun (who/that/which) is required when it refers to the subject of the clause. I saw some bad news. The bad news happened in the U.S. => I saw some bad news that happened in the U.S. A relative pronoun is optional when it refers to the object of the clause. I see a black and white cat. I saw the cat yesterday. => I see the black and white cat (that) I saw yesterday.
Only the first sentence is correct. The word 'that' refers to the subject of the relative clause, so you cannot omit it. The second sentence is wrong. The sequence [conjugated verb in past ] + noun + [conjugated verb in past] is not possible.
cuz he mean is watch in tv
@Amir. No. Not correct.
I watched some bad news happend in US, so I just want to know you are doing fine.
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian