Hazem
Tap into ..whst does it mean here ...and thought of as? Dogs in Islam, as they are in Rabbinic Judaism, are conventionally thought of as ritually impure. This idea taps into a long tradition that considers even the mere sight of a dog during prayer to have the power to nullify a pious Muslim’s supplications.
2019年8月14日 01:32
2
0
This is a beer tap: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bucket.windycitysmokeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/goose_island.jpg When you tap (into) a barrel of beer (=insert a tap into it), you can take some of the beer and drink it, but a much, much larger amount of beer remains in the barrel. Suppose I want to sell cars, and I decide to make a sexy advertisement that associates cars with sex. My ad "taps into" people's desire for sex--I use that desire to make them buy cars, but I don't decrease the desire for sex. I use some of it, but the total amount remains the same. People think Bob is smart= Bob is thought of as smart. Americans like cheese, but many Chinese people think cheese is disgusting. = In america, cheese is thought of as delicious, but in China it is thought of as disgusting.
2019年8月14日
Hazem
Arabic, English