Community Web Version Now Available
Nana Houteng
How do you explain a kind of "teacher training course"? Hello, I am Japanese, and I am writing an academic article regarding teacher training course of Japanese university. There are 2 types of teacher training course in Japan. 1. which requires students to take teaching credential in order to graduate. 2. which doesn't require students to take teaching credential. students can graduate without taking teaching credential. In Japanese, this is called "zero-men katei". I need to explain the 2nd one in English, and it should be very concise because it will be in an English title. If anyone can give me ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Nanami
Aug 15, 2019 6:07 AM
Answers · 4
Depends what you mean by 'teaching credential'. Do you mean the students have components of their course where they placed in an actual teaching environment (school, for instance) ? A teaching course with this could be described as a 'teaching course including professional placement' or 'teaching course including professional component'.
August 15, 2019
Nana Houteng
Language Skills
English, Japanese
Learning Language