Gehan Adel
what is the difference between transform and convert ? Difference between transform and convert "Give me Example please" and which one use to express about changing the shape of application
3
1
Hi Gehan! Honestly, they're often synonyms. "Convert" implies converting TO or FROM something, example "Kinetic energy converts to heat energy." Convert is most often used for converting formats (i.e. convert a Microsoft Word document to a PDF) or converting people to a new religion. "Transform" implies a more dramatic and bigger change, and the word stands on its own (no need for TO or FROM). E.g. "The desert transforms into an oasis after a rain" or "the caterpillar transformed into a butterfly." It's as though convert is simply switching between two modes, but transform is to change more completely. Hope that helps! Lyndsay
Both words have mathematical and engineering meanings. But in regular English I converted the bedroom into an office. He converted from Catholicism to Mormonism. I converted my interest in games into a career as a professional poker player. “Conversion” is a change, not necessarily big, from one thing to another. “Transformation” tends to be a big change, not necessarily between well-defined states. His life was transformed. (It changed a lot) Puberty transformed her from an unremarkable girl into the world’s most beautiful woman. Gentrification has transformed the neighborhood into a place where I no longer feel at home.
Gehan Adel
Arabic, English, French, Italian, Turkish
English, French, Italian, Turkish