Kim Jeong Uk
(How / How much) Are they interchangeble? When those two above are used with an adjective, are they interchangeable or not? I've seen sentences like; "How important is that?" and I think I've also seen sentences like; "You don't know how much awesome they were" As far as I know, only the first sentence is correct.. but how about the second sentence? Is there anybody who has heard someone say that? Is that wrong?
7
0
Yes, the first answer is correct. The second answer is wrong, a native speaker would never say "how much awesome is that" "How much does that cost?" or "How much do you need" are examples of the use of "how much"
There are three uses of "How" in the way you're thinking: 1.) "How" + adjective (question of intensity) 2.) "How much" + uncountable noun (question of quantity) 3.) "How many" + countable noun (question of number) They work differently.
Kim Jeong Uk