bubu1992
present perfect with past simple in this sentence Hello! I'm talking to my friend and he said something like this: My family has visited me, my aunt with her children and husband came. Is this correct? Wouldn't it be better to write it like this: My family has visited me. My aunt with her children and husband came. Thank you in advance!
5
0
If the context is appropriate for the present perfect tense the expression might be said as: My family has visited me. My aunt has come with her children and husband. Nevertheless, I think this statement is supposed to be said in the past simple as the speaker is talking about a finished action which does not have any effects to the time of speaking.
..
My family had visited me, along with my aunt, husband, and their children. My family is visiting me, along with my aunt, husband, and their children.
You said he "said" . There are no commas or periods in spoken English.
It is the same, there is no right or wrong
bubu1992
English, Polish