Kim Jeong Uk
Is this sentence correct? I'm confused The following sentence is from the TV show "How I met your mother." "you idiots reminded me how much fun my job can be." Is it correct that he uses 'how much' instead of 'how' in that sentence? I don't understand why he adds 'much'.
5
0
I'm no expert, but I can't think of a case where you would say "how fun", although normally you do say "how boring, how unpleasant". I think it might be a set expression where you always have to add "much" as well.
Thanks Simon. Your explanation has given me a better understanding of the use of how and how much.
As Alexandru said you must say "how much fun" here. There are circumstances where you might hear "how fun" The first person describes something enjoyable that they have just done. The second person could respond "how fun".
Kim Jeong Uk