Seul
I don’t know who will be the leader vs who the leader will be A) The problem is who will be the leader. B) The problem is who the leader will be. A) I don't know who will be the leader. B) I don't know who the leader will be. which is correct?
6
0
All good. Did something suggest that only one is correct? . A is more common in each case. Both are correct, in normal speech. . Technically, if the answer is "him" the "who" becomes "whom", but correct use of "whom" is now uncommon
Hi Seul, “... who the leader will be”.
B is correct and more common for both, both written and spoken. But A can work (in the first case only) if said in a different way: “The problem is: ‘Who will be the leader?’ with a pause after ‘is’.
B and B for exams and formal written English. More information here: https://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/embedded-questions.html
Seul