Diana Silva
Either, or, or, or There are many reasons people want to live there, either for the good economy, or for the safety, or for the individual freedom. My question here is - Can I use "Either, or, or, or" or I must use only one "or"?
4
0
...either for the good economy, the safety, or the individual freedom. It’s better to avoid using too many “ors” by using commas instead. For example: I can only afford one of these shirts. Should I buy the red one, the white one, the one with the flowers on it or the one with long sleeves? Or: There are many reasons people want to live there, including the good economy, the safety, and the individual freedom.
The first is always either. Thereafter there can be multiple ors depending on how many other possibilities need to be stated. I can either work or play. I can also either work or play or sleep or study.
Diana Silva
English, Portuguese, Spanish