Khaled Bassam
Can anyone correct question's answer? Is there a better form of that ? Which of these styles of music are popular in your country? Nothing of them are popular in my country (hint : styles of music are mentioned in one page )
3
0
Correction: None of those are popular in my country. Khalid, you could also say 'None of them...' but since the word 'these' is in the question, you would tend to reflect that same word choice in your answer. I am not sure if you are wanting a correction on the 2nd part (hint: ... ) but it could be mostly correct if it is based on some context. As you have written it above it is difficult to know what 'one page' is actually referring to and so I have decided not to attempt any changes to that.
Hi Khaled. The issue here is which is the correct indefinite pronoun to choose. "None" means not one. "Nothing" means no thing. So, "styles of music" can't be no thing. They must therefore be not one (none), as the sentence indicates that of all the styles of music in question "none" (not one) is popular. Hope this helps.
Khaled Bassam
Arabic, English