Mehrdad
Is it correct to think of the present simple as a timeless tense?
4
0
There is no point or need in adding to the two answers, but the fact that you have asked this question shows you have made much progress in your English learning journey and understanding of this tense.
I love this question! My answer would be 'Yes' - there is a lot of accuracy in what you suggest. We even use present simple to talk anecdotally about the past, e.g.: 'I was in the city centre yesterday, and I walk into this shop and see this guy who asks me if a want anything...' We use pres/simp to describe facts, timetables, schedules, which are either timeless themselves or can relate to the future. Interesting question. Thanks.
we usually use present simple with our every day activity or actions or a scheduled activity example airway transport or nature habits like the sun rises all this happens as a routine deeds that means there is no a limit time so we can say timeless
Yes (but ...). It is an unmarked form and one common use is for timeless descriptions such as "water boils at 100C." But, it can also be used with future meaning ("My plane leaves at 7 AM on Friday.") and conditional meaning ("If I get the job, I will be very happy."), and it can be used with past meaning (historical present/narrative present).
Mehrdad
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Persian (Farsi), Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish