Kai
English Grammar Hi friends these are my own sentences but I don't know which one is right and sounds better. A. It is impossible to translate a sentence exactly the same as the original sentence. B. It is impossible to translate a sentence as the same as the original sentence. C. it is possible to translate a sentence perfectly matching for the original sentence.
8
1
First of all, let me offer you a couple of corrections to make your sentences grammatically correct. A. It is impossible to translate a sentence ((TO BE)) exactly the same as the original sentence. C. it is possible to translate a sentence ((TO PERFECTLY MATCH)) the original sentence. Your example [B] was basically the same as [A] anyway. In regards to which one is better, then I would say [C] is the best for naturalness and nuance.
Hi Kai, Option A is the best - nice job! You could also say: "It is impossible to translate a sentence word for word." Have a good day, Shani
In my opinion, the first doesn’t sound bad but they are all kind of wrong. I think what you are trying to say is something like It is impossible to translate a sentence and give it exactly the same meaning as the original sentence. It is impossible to translate a sentence into Thai and give it exactly the same meaning as the original English (sentence) It is impossible for the original and the translation to have exactly the same meaning.
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian