Olenka
poisonous or venomous or toxic??????? What is the difference between poisonous, venomous and toxic??????? Give examples, please)
1
0
This is a great question. These adjectives can be used to serve very similar meanings, but I will attempt to pick them apart for you and hopefully I will make some sense. Poisonous generally refers to plants, animals, or chemicals and are usually absorbed by the skin, inhaled, or ingested. Venomous usually refers to insects or reptiles that have venom in their bite or sting and therefore gets "injected" into the body. Toxic refers to anything harmful in our air, water, food, earth that may do harm and/or cause health or environmental issues. Both poisons and venoms are considered toxins. For example, "Some pesticides are considered poisonous and are toxic to our soil, air, and water." and, "The venomous snake bite proved to be toxic within the rat's system and the rat died." I hope this helps.
Olenka
Belarusian, English, German, Russian, Ukrainian