mayllt
the nougat likes ballet? i don't understand this sentence:‘ It’s a perfect little ballet ‘I do hope they’ll be good. I’ve chosen them because of the colours. There are some round things which really look too divine. And just look at this nougat,’ he cried ecstatically, ‘just look at it! It’s a perfect little ballet!’ But at that moment the shopman appeared. ‘Oh, I forgot. They’re none of them paid for,’ said Bobby, looking frightened. Isabel gave the shopman a note, and Bobby was radiant again. ‘Hallo, William! I’m sitting by the driver.’ And bare- headed, all in white, with his sleeves rolled up to the shoulders, he leapt into his place. ‘Avanti!’ he cried . . .
1
0
This is a metaphor, overemphasizing they are perfect and go well together. It's a very colorful text that is supposed to paint a picture in your mind. It doesn't have anything to do with a ballet like you imagine it. That's a really difficult part you chose, as the text plays with the language... hope this helps
mayllt