ali sirous
Is deferment of decision "to" play safe? HI! Could you please say what the determined" to" means in this context? I think it means "means to" am I right? I'm looking forward to your guidance. thank you in advance for your attention Candidate: I always want to play safe. Coach: how do you know that you play safe when you postpone the decision? Is deferment of decision "to" play safe?
2
0
To look separately. First, we know the decision was deferred. For candidate, he thought the deferment was a way to play safe. So you are right referring to the candidate’s view. For coach, he’s questioning whether the deferment of the decision could play safe. He didn’t said it’s safe or not, he just questioned it . However, you can tell he somewhat didn’t think it’s safe from his tone.
To play safe means to take precautions and select the low risk options. Deferring a decision may or may not be playing safe depending on the circumstances.
ali sirous
English, Persian (Farsi)