Денис
How to write essay in English well? English is the second language for me. In my tongue we use absolute different grammar rules, the sentence building rules etc. Suggest me what essential things I should know to write a story in English like a one who really know this language.
25 août 2019 18:58
6
0
We all should have try to learn the foreign language step by step. Try to remember how we were learning our mother language when we were baby; saying and speaking ridiculously, meaningless things with encourage, with self confidence. The professors all say, "writing the language and speaking the language are not together. They are all different things, different realms". I agree with that. When we are trying speak or write something, we have to forget our mother language while speaking/writing in foreign language. I think this is really important point.
25 août 2019
1. Know the culture (including pop culture) of the language well. For example, instead of saying someone who is super smart, use "Brainiac". One of Superman's most intelligent nemesis. 2. Be creative. Make your story you are telling, colorful and exciting. If you write in dull sentences, the readers will lose interest fast. Connect the readers to your story by having common human experiences. Instead of saying, "I have to overcome great obstacles", say I need "A sword to diligence slay my homework dragon". 3. Know the audience you are writing for. 4. Write something you know best or had experience in. 5. Read and learn from how authors write.
25 août 2019
Well, you should definitely read a lot. You can also practice grammar with a book or better yet, with a teacher. Take note where your mistakes are, and read grammar explanations about those, and about the differences between English and your native language. Write many texts, and seek corrections (you could use notebook entries or a personalized class or both)
25 août 2019
Write About Truth, Transition Sentences, Space Paragraphs
26 août 2019
You seem to still be using 'foreign' grammar. Your vocabulary seems OK - work on writing in English grammar, rather than Ukrainian.
26 août 2019
Денис
English, Ukrainian