1. Know the culture (including pop culture) of the language well. For example, instead of saying someone who is super smart, use "Brainiac". One of Superman's most intelligent nemesis.
2. Be creative. Make your story you are telling, colorful and exciting. If you write in dull sentences, the readers will lose interest fast. Connect the readers to your story by having common human experiences. Instead of saying, "I have to overcome great obstacles", say I need "A sword to diligence slay my homework dragon".
3. Know the audience you are writing for.
4. Write something you know best or had experience in.
5. Read and learn from how authors write.