XiaoDeng
get to someone Later, Morrie would grin mischievously and say, "I'm getting to him." And he was. Koppel now referred to Morrie as "a friend." My old professor had even coaxed compassion out of the television business. (Koppel is an anchor, Morrie, my old professor.) What does get to mean here? I looked it up, and there're so many options. The most likely ones are to annoy someone, or to reach someone. I'm not sure.
5
0
In almost all cases, perhaps even every instance, the meaning is to begin annoying someone. When you say "reach someone", do you mean when someone is moving and is close to getting to their location? If that is the case, then that phrase would never be used in that way naturally.
You are correct that Morrie is stating she is annoying him. Although, I have not heard it used to mean to "reach someone". It is commonly used to speak of annoyance or annoying someone. You might also hear the following similar phrases: 1. to get under one's skin 2. to get on one's nerves 3. to get on one's last nerve I hope this answer helps!
XiaoDeng
Chinese (Other), English