XiaoDeng
loaded Walt: Even with Maggie, I feel like things are still loaded sometimes. (Walt has broken up with Maggie, her girlfriend. And the person he is talking to, another girl, just broke up with her boyfriend. The girl find it hard to avoid her ex at school. And here her friend Walt is trying to get her less stressed.) I have trouble understanding this word, loaded. I looked up, and couldn't find the right definition. Does loaded mean tense, stresses, burden-like? Could you show me any similar examples?
3
0
You are correct in your understanding of the 'loaded'. It is an informal way of speaking, but it can mean intense or emotional (or as you suggested tense, stressed and burdensome). It's a negative feeling and usually implies there has been or will be some sort of conflict. I hope this answer helps!
XiaoDeng
Chinese (Other), English