Shia
What does "grooming regime" mean in "With my animal grooming regime in mind, I would turn my..."? 1)What does "grooming regime" mean in "With my animal grooming regime in mind, I would turn my talons"? 2) What does "the manner of mongoose before a snake" mean in "He couldn't take his eyes off Laura, apparently hypnotized rather in the manner of a mongoose before a snake"? 3) What does "obtrusive filing" mean in "I wished that I had selected in a less obtrusive filing"? 4) What does "concession" mean in "I found the nail concession at the rear of the Beauty Hall"? 5) Do you say "My calf is sore" or "My shank is sore"? 6) When someone said "let's meet after the long weekend", how would you say "What day in specific do you have in mind"? 7) Is "limb" = "extremity"?
5
1
1) routine for taking care of brushing, cleaning, primping - basically what you do to make yourself or something (for instance, your dog) look nice. 2)A mongoose will watch a snake very closely since they are natural enemies. It means that he was fixated on her.
3) What does "obtrusive filing" mean in "I wished that I had selected in a less obtrusive filing"? That doesn't make sense. Are you sure it isn't 'selected a less obtrusive filling'? If it's right, you need to give more context. 4) What does "concession" mean in "I found the nail concession at the rear of the Beauty Hall"? A concession is (sometimes) a small business that has been given a right to operate in the premises or control of another business/government department/... The 'hall' here is probably part of a bigger business that has sold a nail shop the right to operate. 5) Do you say "My calf is sore" or "My shank is sore"? Calf. We don't usually use 'shank' with people. 6) When someone said "let's meet after the long weekend", how would you say "What day in specific do you have in mind"? Which particular day / Which day in particular / Which specific day... 7) Is "limb" = "extremity"? It could be. 'Extremity' can be many things. Limb usually refers to arms and legs, but to me a person's extremities would be more the hands and feet, but it could extend to the arms and legs.
Shia