Kia
quotation or estimate I'm calling you to realise a quotation of our product do you have 10 minutes? or Do you have few minutes to realise the estimate? or Do you have a moment to give/offer you an estimate? Do you have a minute to discuss about the quotation?
8
0
Hello, Kia! Great attempt with your questions, but I have made some edits. Please keep in mind that I am from the United States and am offering suggestions from an American English perspective. Let me know if you have any other questions! 1. I'm calling you to inform you about the quote for our product. Do you have 10 minutes to speak with me? 2. Do you have a few minutes to discuss the estimate (for our product)? 3. If you have a moment, I would like to inform you about our estimate (for the product). 4. Do you have a minute to discuss the quote (for our product)? Please keep in mind that 'estimate' is used to describe an approximate number for the value, cost or worth of an item or a service. The final cost might be higher or lower. A 'quoted' price is different. It is a verbal or written agreement to sell a product at the stated amount. If you quote the price of something to be $100, that is what your customer or client will expect to pay. If you later sell something for higher than the originally quoted price, you will have to explain why you have changed the original quoted price, and the customer not be happy to hear there was a change in price (quoted price = exact amount charged). I hope this answer helps. If you are interested in taking English lessons, I am a professional English teacher on Italki. I am currently accepting new students and would be happy to work with you.
A quotation is usually taken to be the final offer or price unless it is pre-specified that it might not be. An estimate is taken to be only an estimate or guess as to the likely or final offer or price. I'm calling you to discuss/finalise a quotation for our product do you have 10 minutes? or Do you have a few minutes to discuss the estimate? or Do you have a moment for me to give you an estimate? Do you have a moment to for me to make you an offer? Do you have a moment to go over the/our estimate? Do you have a minute to discuss the quotation? All are good.
An ESTIMATE is a rough calculation that is based on incomplete data. When you bring your car in for repair, an estimated price may be given. It is understood that you might pay more than the estimated price after the mechanic has had a thorough look at the car. A QUOTE is more official and has legal standing. It is the amount declared as the price. If I were going to cater a meal, I would give an official quote to the customer when I knew the number of people to be feed and the specific type of food they wanted for the menu. I would be very careful not to quote a price unless I was sure that I could keep my costs for supplies and services in agreement. Hope this helps
It's for a sales call. One of my colleague uses "realise" as in French (Réaliser une estimation). But I was sure it does'nt make any sense.
What do you mean by realize? Seems like an awkward word choice to my American ear. It can be used in different ways but usually it means to suddenly understand something, or to bring something into being, I guess like a quote, but I've never heard it used in this context, which also is not very clear - is this a sales call or is it about finalizing something already in progress?
Kia
English, French, Hindi, Other