Shia
How do you say "the day after you move out"? if you move out in the morning of Sep 1st, I'll return the deposit in the evening of Sep 1st. When I said "the day after you move out", I meant: 1) In the same day you move out 2) after you move out
28 авг. 2019 г., 15:21
6
0
People confused your question. There is no what you want answer. It is very simple. On That day when you move out, I will return security deposit to you. It is customary to return deposit after you move out and check the room whether room is clean and no damage. That is about deposit's purpose. If you put the after in the sentence that means the day after that day you move out. It is 2th Sept. If you want to emphasize thereafter you move out I return. You would say On you move out that day, I will return the deposit to you later. I am learning English too. Hope you understand my English.
28 августа 2019 г.
I will tidy your room after you move out. This could be the same day or later. I will tidy your room this evening after you move out. But I am not certain that I have understood your question.
28 августа 2019 г.
the day after you move out = "The very next day or the following day."
29 августа 2019 г.
As Placid Disposition has said, you can't use "the day after" if you mean the same day. You could say something like, "on the evening of the day when I move out" or just "on the day I move out." If you want to be very specific about the time, you'll need to write a longer sentence: "I'll return the deposit on the day I move out, after I've finished moving."
28 августа 2019 г.
Generally, native speakers (Americans anyway) would more often use 'on' than 'in' for sentences like this. But either 'in the morning/evening' or 'on the morning/evening would be ok, but definitely 'on' the same day you move out. The sentence (When I said "the day after you move out", I meant:) doesn't really make sense the way you've written it. Your question should be rephrased to something like, "If I say, 'the day after you move out,' it would mean:'" 1) In the same day you move out 2) after you move out In 1), use 'on' not 'in'. On the day you move out, not 'in' the day. I know that's confusing but think of the whole day as a day 'on' the calendar, and in the morning as a period of time in the day (in is about boundaries/ on is about contact - in physical as well as abstract senses) Neither of the answers you provided would be totally correct. 'The day after you move out' = it's the following day, not the same day. I see what your thinking here but it doesn't work that way. You'd have to say it differently to get the meaning you want. Something like, 'Later in the day, after you've moved out, I will return your deposit'. You're playing around with time relations and you need to understand the perfect tenses to do this correctly. 2) 'After you move out' :1 hour, one day, 1 week are all 'after you move out' but your meaning is not open like this. It is either on the same day, or on the following day. After you move is not specific at all.
28 августа 2019 г.
Shia