Anna
Are these sentences right? 1. He have studied English hard and his language skills are better now. 2. I haven't finished my work yet and I cannot go out (now). 3. We have been late and the grocery is closed. AND: 1. I met my old friend on the street (in anytime in my life) 2. She studied English, Russian and Ukrainian in her school (a long time ago) 3. I worked in the Department of culture
6
1
Almost. Your english is pretty good :). 1- He (has) studied English hard and his language skills are better now 3-We (are) late and the grocery is closed. *Maybe i didn't understood what time the sentence was in, but it wasn't making much sense to me.*
Hi Anna, for the most part, your sentences are good. 1. He has studied English hard and his language skills are better now. Subject-verb agreement 2. I haven't finished my work yet and I cannot go out (now). The “(now)” isn’t necessary here, but it does place emphasis on the idea that you cannot go out now. 3. We were late and the grocery is closed. Remember that the present perfect refers to actions that began in the past and continue in the present. AND: 1. I met my old friend on the street (in anytime in my life) 2. She studied English, Russian and Ukrainian at school (a long time ago) 3. I worked in the Department of culture I hope this helps! Best, Wenwei
Thank you for your answers. They are really helpful!
Right++
1. He has studied....3. We were late and the shop is closed / we were delayed (by something) and got to the shops too late. All the others are perfect.
Anna
English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
English, Polish