hkwz
How to express "do sth as soon as possible" with phrase in a polite way? I know one phrase "on a crash basis". Such as "Please check it with your manager on a crash basis". Are there some other phrases? Better also put in the end of a sentence. Thanks a million for your help!
4
1
First of all, I have never heard of the saying "on a crash basis", it is definitely not commonly used globally. - "As soon as possible" = neutral / direct - "ASAP" = casual / direct - "At your earliest convenience" = formal / polite These kinds of expressions are always used at the end of a sentence and if you want to sound very polite, use the 3rd example that I wrote.
Thank you Adam and you guys! That helps me a lot. The 3rd one exactly is a good phrase.
Agreed. 'On a crash basis' is not at all common. One might be understood in certain circles, but the phrase is best avoided in most contexts. Adam's suggestions are correct, and recommended.
Like Adam, I've never heard the phrase "on a crash basis." I think his suggestions all work well. If you want to be polite but the situation isn't formal (for instance, if you're talking to a friend or family member), you could just say "as soon as you can."
hkwz