Pandora
Could you help me with the following sentences? Are these sentences grammatically correct? if not, provide a correct alternative if possible. Thanks in advance :))) I am snowed under with assignments at university When I do get free time however, I enjoy doing something by myself, and that normally means reading an engrossing book. doubts: Get free time That normally means (could also be possible: and that normally involves..?) A couple of years ago watching television was something compulsive for me. Compulsive in the sense of addictive
2
0
Perhaps you could say "snowed in" instead of "snowed under," but I would interpret that to mean that you literally cannot leave your home because you have too much homework at this particular time. Otherwise, just say you are overwhelmed with assignments, or (informal/slang) slammed with assignments. Your second sentence is correct except you need a comma before and after "however." You can say "means" or "involves." They would both work in this context. Your third sentence is correct. Good word choice!
The first one is correct. Second one requires a little change. When using “however “ you need to build the sentence differently, the first part has to be kind of the opposite of the second part like “I usually don’t have free time, however when I do, I enjoy doing something by myself...”. Third one is correct! I hope it helps :)
Pandora
English, German, Russian, Spanish
English, German, Russian