Alyosha Radyuk
Do you think I can use the word "wording" in the meaning of "sentence", "sentences", "a few words" ? Because I'm bored of using "sentence" all the time)) Thank you!
3
0
No, the meaning is a little different. Depending on context, you can use: Sentence - a complete sentence with a subject and verb Phrase - may be a complete sentence or part of a sentence Term - usually 1-3 words that have a specific meaning together Saying - a common phrase or idiom Clause - part of a sentence, but this is a more formal grammatical term "Wording" is the choice of words or order of words in a sentence, so it is better to use the ones I've listed above for the meaning you described. However, you can ask, "Is this sentence worded correctly?" or "Is this phrase appropriate in this sentence?"
No, not generally. The wording is awkward. Maybe if you worded it differently, the kids would understand. This wording is unclear. I like how you worded the description of your home town.
It depends on the context, however, it’s not always possible to use “wording” instead of “sentence” cause they can have totally different meanings. I hope it helps, :)
Alyosha Radyuk
Belarusian, English, Russian
Belarusian, English, Russian