Anna
Did I use the past perfect correctly? 1.When I came back from the park, my sister had eaten all the candies. 2. I was very angry because my cat had eaten my parrot. 3. My mother had done almost all the chores before I got up on Sunday. 4. We expected that you had passed your exam better. 5.He told us that his dog hadn't swum in the pool.
3 Th09 2019 11:47
6
1
Yes, Anna, you used past simple and past perfect correctly in a those sentences, and the meaning is clear for each one. Good job! The only correction I would make (unrelated to verb tense) is to not say "better" in number 4. You either pass or fail an exam. But you can score better. So either of these would be correct, depending on your intended meaning: We expected that you had passed your exam. We expected that you had scored better on your exam.
3 tháng 9 năm 2019
#4 is incorrect.
3 tháng 9 năm 2019
Yes Anna, everything is correct! :)
3 tháng 9 năm 2019
Yes you did always we use had+V+PP this apply to all Subjects (She,He,It,I,You,We) Excellent work in general.
3 tháng 9 năm 2019
Anna
English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
English, Polish