Kai
English Grammar Hi friends. what are the differences between have to and have had to A. So, I've had to text you again. B. So, I have to text you again. Thanks in advance
4 de sep de 2019 6:01
4
0
It's the tense - 'have to' refers to the future or present. 'Have had to' refers to the past
4 de Septiembre de 2019
Thank you Leo Baker
5 de Septiembre de 2019
In most cases: I have to text you again = I already texted you, I need to text you again, I haven't texted you again yet "I've had to text you again" sounds a bit unnatural, you should replace it with "I had to text you again" meaning = I texted you once, I needed to text you again, I texted you again, I don't have to text you again anymore. If it's too confusing just remember had=past and have=present so I have to is present and I had to is past
4 de Septiembre de 2019
Kai
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Hokkien), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Indonesian, Malay, Russian