Hernandez
Questions Hi, everyone Could you help me with two questions? 1) (A teacher talking to students and reading a text): As we have time, this a very short text, I think it is four pages. I think we have time to read it all”.... Is it correct to say “read it all” here? 2) If someone says “Can I take pictures inside the room”, should you say “I wouldn’t recommend t” or “I don’t recommend you do”? Is it weong to say “I don’t recommend you do”? What about “I wouldn’t recommend you did” Please
3
1
Please
Should it be better to say "read all of it"?... Also, why does it sound odd to say "I wouldn't recommend you did"? Should I say "I wouldn't recommend you do"? But don't you use "did" with "would"?
It is correct to say read it all, and it is also to correct to say "I don't recommend you do" and "I wouldn't recommend you did." though "you did" is a little odd because it's a past tense form of the verb and the conversation is about something that might or might not happen in the future.
Hernandez
English, French, Spanish