Yoshinori Shigematsu
In your country, do you have to make a phone call to your boss when you directly go home after work? I’m Japanese. The other day, I went to a two-day training workshop at my supplier’s company. The second day, the workshop was over and I went straight back home because it was already past the work hours, 5pm. On the next day, my boss came up to me and said that I was supposed to make a phone call to the office and tell him I would go straight home. I was a bit confused because I had told all my colleagues that I would go straight back home, even done paper work with my bosses’ signature on it that allowed me to go home after the workshop, and even written down my schedule on the bulletin board in the office. In the same situation, would you also be expected to call your boss and tell him you’re going home?
1
0
If i was at a workshop that was supposed to end at 5pm I would not need to call my boss even if it ended early and I went home.
Yoshinori Shigematsu