Pelin
Can I use these interchangeably? She's been like one of the family. She's become like one of the family.
6 сент. 2019 г., 18:51
3
0
She's been like one of the family - is present perfect, so this means in recent past to now. She has acted like part of the family - a non changing state. She's become like one of the family - I would agree with Haley that 'part of the family' would be better, but the word become changes the meaning - it is a change in state - she wasn't part of the family, but she became part of the family. Siobhan :)
6 сентября 2019 г.
For me: "She's been like one of the family." This sounds like she has been part of the family already. I would say "She's been part of the family", but either one is correct. "She's become like one of the family" sounds like its recent thing. I would say "She's become part of the family", but both are correct.
6 сентября 2019 г.
she has been like - it means "she" acts as if she is part of the family so far. the impression here is like that she "seems" to be a part of the family, but the acceptance is unclear she's become like - "she" is accepted and treated like she is part of the family. this is more of a statement of fact, saying that she is no longer any stranger, but a part of the family, and not just acting like she is in one. while they are similar, and probably, can be interchanged sometimes, the latter can be interpreted as more sincere.
6 сентября 2019 г.
Pelin
English, Turkish