younes
run out hi there. whats meaning of"run out" in this sentence? So we want to finish the night with a salute to a guy who’s been on our program and part of our family pretty much from the beginning. I have known him for more than thirty-five years. Early on, when Radiolab started, I asked him if he’d help us out and send us a few story ideas. He didn’t send us a few, he sent us bushels, tales of chemistry and medicine, hallucinations, music, people—so many extraordinary people that he knew or found or helped, because the guy just doesn’t run out
3
0
"Run out" in this context is a common phrase that means "to use up" or "to be emptied". Examples: "The battery for my phone always runs out after an hour of use." "I never run out of ideas to make money." In your example, the man in question never "uses up" nor finds his supply of ideas "empty."
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)