Dan
Wasted it on a seven Hello, Can you let me know what it means by the below? "Too bad I wasted it on a seven." Thank you!
4
0
01x07 - Phoenix Rising 01x07 - Phoenix Rising Read more at: https://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=811&t=31182 Hey, you know what didn't have breaks last night? (brakes) Uh-oh. This guy. Too bad I wasted it on a seven. Did you guys smash? Chad could you refrain from speaking millennial in here? Come on, you guys know what "smash" is. It's like tap that. You're talking about s*x? My guess is that it is a reference to the attractiveness of the guy. Girls & sometimes guys are rated on a sclae out of 10. Hence, she's a 9. My guess is this guys scored a 7/10 on her scale.
You definitely need to give context.
Without further context, it's hard to know what "it" or "seven" refer to. There is not enough information to say specifically what is being talked about. It could be any number of things. The overall meaning of the sentence shows a sense of regret. Whatever the person did, did not have the hoped for outcome. So his or her action was wasted.
I definitely think context is needed here because it could refer to a lot of things potentially. If I had to guess it sounds like a guy is talking to his friend about a girl that he spent money on or took to an event etc that he considered not be attractive enough by his standards, so felt disappointed that he wasted whatever it was on her and didn't do it with someone better looking. Using a scale of 1-10 is sometimes used to rate peoples attractiveness in a direct and judgemental way.
Dan