simba0722
Does this sound natural? Losing money of cause is a big thing. I work for it day and night every single day. But more than that is the psychological trauma which I've been through, it's like having a black cloud hanging over my head.
9 سبتمبر 2019 05:12
6
0
"Losing money of cause is a big thing. I work for it day and night every single day." "cause" should be "course". The rest is good. For me, the last sentence including "every single day" sounds natural. Adding 'every single day' just adds emphasis. "But more than that is the psychological trauma which I've been through, it's like having a black cloud hanging over my head." You should have a semicolon or dash instead of a comma after 'through' as this is a significant pause. I prefer 'that' over 'which', ('...that I've been through ...') but that may be personal preference.
9 سبتمبر 2019
It’s unnatural and unclear. It seems like you are trying to say that you’ve lost money in the past and are afraid of doing so again. But you start with general platitudes that are rather meaningless and then off-handedly refer to a personal experience very vaguely as a “psychological trauma which I’ve been through”. Money is important to me. I work hard for it. I’ve experienced major financial loss that affected me psychologically. I live in fear that it will happen again.
9 سبتمبر 2019
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it.
9 سبتمبر 2019
Losing money of cause is a big thing. "of cause" is not correct. Do you mean "of course"? Losing money is, of course, a big thing. I work for it day and night every single day. "day and night every single day" sounds excessive because of the use of "single". It adds a certain emphasis to the statement. A more common or natural way of saying this would be "I work for it 24/7" where 24/7 refers to 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This is a saying though, so I'm not sure if every English speaking dialect would understand. You could also say it as "I work for it every day, day and night." But more than that is the psychological trauma which I've been through, it's like having a black cloud hanging over my head. This sounds natural.
9 سبتمبر 2019
simba0722