Şervan Kurdî
Is this letter grammatically correct? Dear Editor My and my colleagues’ paper titled XXXX was in the “major revision” status. My colleagues and I have worked hard during this time to address all the issues raised by the honorable referees, but to my surprise, when I intended to upload the revised paper today, I came across a message that said the editor had withdrawn the paper. Please explain what has happened. Why has my paper withdrawn? My colleagues and I have worked too hard and resolved all the errors. We do not understand this. Please provide the conditions for the continuation of refereeing as our paper would have been accepted after revision. Thanks a lot in advance
7
0
Is this letter grammatically correct? No. No tools here for annotation. I provide one possible correction. There are many way to go with this. BTW: Where is the editor? Your language is not what I would use for an international editor. Dear Editor The paper titled XXXX by myself and my colleagues had the “major revision” status. My colleagues and I have worked hard during this time to address all the issues raised by the referees, but to my surprise, when I intended to upload the revised paper today, I received a message that said the editor had withdrawn the paper. Please explain what has happened. Why has my paper been withdrawn? My colleagues and I have worked hard and resolved all the errors. We do not understand this. Please provide the conditions for the continuation to referee our paper after revision. . Sorry, but to my mind working hard on it has little to do with quality. I understand you want to imply obligation, but I doubt this would work. I think it entirely reasonable to ask for explanation. BTW, did you resolve errors, or issues raised by the referees?
This was written very well! There is only one error: "Why has my paper *been* withdrawn?" :)
Scarlet makes a good point. It is a good draft. Gramatically, what is incorrect? I think Scarlet missed one :) My colleagues and I have worked too hard and resolved all the errors. The "too" here is out of place. .. worked hard ... would be ok... "too" implies an excess over some limit, but your sentence here provides no limit, so "too" is surely inappropriate. My colleagues and I have worked too hard to let this go. My colleagues and I have worked too hard for this to happen. . Clearly the final sentence also has an issue. Please provide the conditions for the continuation of refereeing as our paper would have been accepted after revision. - not quite Not clear whether you are wanting past or present here. Please provide the conditions for the continuation of refereeing such that our paper would be accepted after revision. It seems you mean revision rather than refereeing? Are you meaning to ask what revsions would have lead to acceptance? Are you meaning to ask what revsions would have lead to a reapprasal? that is go to referees again? Are you meaning to ask what conditions have not been met?
Şervan Kurdî
English, Korean, Kurdish, Persian (Farsi)
Korean