younes
hi there, can you help on my 5 question???? hi there 1.whats meaning of this sentence?“you leave other guys’ chicks alone?” 2.gist of this part"“ I have come so far since then…” 3. “I don’t know when he’s comin’ back, if he’s comin’ back. 4.Tough fat guys ain’t as rare as you’d think. 5.It took a lot of self-control, but I kept quiet Let’s meet for dinner somewhere,” he said. “We can talk about the good old days.Man, I have come so far since then…” I haven’t seen you since we were thirteen? Fourteen? I don’t know though”—he gave me a look that was half kidding and half serious—“you leave other guys’ chicks alone?” “The Motorcycle Boy ain’t back,” I said. I can’t see good when I get mad, and my voice was shaking. “I don’t know when he’s comin’ back, if he’s comin’ back. “Don’t start that stuff again,” B.J. said. He was fat, but he was tough, too. Tough fat guys ain’t as rare as you’d think. “I’m almost talkin’ sense.” I kept quiet. It took a lot of self-control, but I kept quiet
4
0
The first sentence means You should leave another guys girlfriend alone. The second one means you have progressed, gotten better at something since a certain time. The third on is the person doesn't know when the other person is coming back, but they also may not come back at all. The fourth I assume is a metaphore. It means there are a lot of people who talk a lot and try to be intimidating who actually aren't. The fifth one means the person wanted to say something offensive, but didn't for whatever reason. If you need any more help feel free to contact me for lessons.
younes
English, Persian (Farsi)