Majid
Is this context correct and natural? God, i take refuge in you from appearing good to the people by my face and apearing ugly to you by my inside.while i keep myself away from all you know about me in the people's eyes.then i apear my nice face for the people and bring you my ugly deeds.to bring myself closer to your servants and away from your satisfaction.
3
0
Thank you Jaren absolutelty.i wish you the bests
Majid, this is a beautiful prayer. It is personal to you, but I can offer another version with more natural wording. God, I take refuge in you so that I will not appear good to others, but internally ugly to you. I keep the things you know about me from the people’s eyes. I show my nice face to them, but bring you my ugly deeds. I bring myself closer to your servants and further away from your satisfaction. I hope this is helpful! I’m praying that God will reveal himself to you and bless you in the Truth. Amen
No, it does not sound correct or natural. It would be difficult for me to correct what you wrote because it is such a personal message. But it reminds me of the Confessions of Saint Augustine, Chapter 5... "Narrow is the mansion of my soul; enlarge Thou it, that Thou may enter in. It is ruinous; repair Thou it. It has that within which must offend Thine eyes; I confess and know it. But who shall cleanse it? or to whom should I cry, save Thee? Lord, cleanse me from my secret faults and spare Thy servant from the power of the enemy."
Majid
Arabic, English, Persian (Farsi)
Arabic, English